Thursday, May 15, 2008

OOPS!

All good things must come to an end, right? Well this week I ended my under budget streak. I suppose I can rationalize it by saying it all evens out. I think I will say that for peace of mind! All things considered, I only spent 49.83 for all of this. My grocery "budget" (this term is applied quite loosely) used to be around 75.00.

Deals of note:
Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaners were on roll back for $12.00, I used a $10 off 1 coupon making it $2.00! And it cleans my shower for me!

Milk was on sale for $1.99 at Fry's. I just took the AD with me and they lowered the price at checkout.

Honey Bunches of Oats was on sale for $1.98, I used the $2 off 1 coupon found here: http://www.kraftfoods.com/honeybunchesofoats/offers.html (I don't know how to put this whole link into one word "here"...maybe someone can help me out with this?) Which made this box free.

Live Active Cereal was $3.12 I used two of the $3 off 1 coupons found here: http://www.kraftfoods.com/liveactivefoods/whatsNew/index.aspx Making these .12 cents per box!

Silk was on sale at Fry's for $2.99. Again, I presented thier AD and they adjusted the price at checkout. I used one $2.25 off one coupon found here: http://www.silksoymilk.com/drtv/ Making one of these .74 cents!

YoMommy yogurt was $2.78, I used $1 off 1 coupon making it $1.78

YoBaby yogurt was $3.52, I used $1 off 1 coupon making it $2.52

I almost went into shock when the cashier told me the subtotal.... 92.00! ish... I can't remember exaclty. I was like... whoa I really blew it this time. However, total after coupons came to 64.82, then I had to subtract the printer ink I bought at 14.99 because it isn't part of the grocery budget, making the total 49.83. Oh the power of coupons!

1 comment:

Gramma said...

Hip~Hip~Hooray for the coupons and to those who use them!!